Directions to get you here:
We are located in the heart of the Donegal, a short drive from the famous Slieve League Sea Cliffs. Aras can be found at ‘Rossan Point’ – the most westerly point in the town of Glencolmcille, as well as the most westerly point of all of Donegal. The next thing to the west is the USA; a long way across the Wild Atlantic.
- You can now use the new Eircode ( Postcode/Zip) on Google Maps and most Satnav systems : F94 HH31
- GPS Co-ordinates: Latitude N 54 41.705 Longitude W 8 46.431
- Decimal Degrees: Latitude 54.69508 Longitude -8.77385
- Degrees, Minutes & Seconds: Latitude N54 41 42 Longitude W8 46 25
- Road Numbers: Donegal Town – Dunkineely – Killybegs – Carrick – Glencolmcille (33 miles / Road numbers N56, then R263)
Do you provide food or drinks on site?
We do provide some frozen meals for your convenience; we know that sometimes a quick meal after a long day is a great solution. We dont sell alcohol on the premises, but we’d be happy to drop you at the local pub, or organise a taxi cab for you.
Do we need a car?
You would probably enjoy your stay a lot more if you had a car here, but we do offer bicycles so you can get around. We are very much out in the country and there isn’t local transport. A rental car would allow for the most from your stay.
Which airport is nearest?
The nearestairport is Shannon, but many guests travel in from Belfast International or Dublin International. Either way, you will need to take a coach or get a rental car to get here. If you get yourself to Glen Village, we would be happy to come pick you up. Please arrange with us before hand though.
What is the weather like?
This is Ireland, where the weather is as predictable as a toss of a coin. We get beautiful sunny days, dont get us wrong, but Ireland is known to be rainy. Pack clothes for all weather just to be sure.